December 11, 2012 Agenda
Marcy Open Parent/Site Council Meeting Agenda
December 11, 2012
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BAND CONCERT BEGINS AT 7:00
Parent Council Board Members: Chair Elizabeth Hawley, Vice Chair Shannon Williams, Treasurer Terri Warren,
Secretary Lisa Hondros, Leadership Officer Holly Hatch-Surisook and Parent Liaison Sidney Orchard.
Site Council Membership: Jean Dudley (co-chair/specialist serving special populations), Lisa Hondros (co-chair/parent), Sara Dotty (recorder/content area specialist team), Holly Hatch-Surisook (parent), Julia Janousek (parent), Mathew O’Brien (parent), Alix Herzing (parent), Katie Hedlund Miller (parent), Donna Sanders (parent alternate), Laura Cayere-King (parent alternate), Sarah Beggs (parent alternate), Alison Hunter (parent alternate), Elizabeth Hawley (parent alternate), Donna Andrews (principal), Kilee Christnagel (kindergarten team), Nicole Khuse (primary team), Sue Maxa (intermediate 3/4 team), Marvin Boucher/Linda Zappa-Hauble (intermediate 5/6 Team), Mark Hirsch (middle school team), Krista Eduarte (at-large non-licensed staff), Sidney Orchard (at-large non-licensed staff, shared), Rosemary Schindeldecker (at-large non-licensed staff, shared); Zib Hinz (Community Partner First Congregational Church of MN).
OPEN SEATS: Parents (1 alternate); Students (2)
I. Approval of Agenda
II. Approval of Minutes from November 13, 2012 Meeting
III. Committee Reports (5)
IV. Principal’s Report (5)
V. New Business
1. Breakout into committees (30)
• Open education (e.g. focus on values, precepts, responsive classroom)
• Outreach and Diverse Representation on the Parent and Site Councils (e.g. family nights with speakers, recruiting new members to councils, encouraging more parents to participate)
• Communication (e.g. keeping website current, online bulletin board)
VI. Old Business
1. Update: Managing Diabetes at Marcy (5)
2. Update: Sports and Inclusiveness at Marcy (5)
Next meeting January 8, 2013: Responsive Classroom Presentation by Maria Rollinger, Instructional Leader from the District Academic Superintendent’s Office